Falling waters 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling waters 2.0

Here there be Werewolves

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Walker's lesson: How to fight spirits

Go down 
+7
Ron Adams
Speaks with Trash
Adam King
Sieger Sinstalker
Dietrich Von Stauffel
Maggie Golden Silence
STBen
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
STBen

Character sheet
Breed: Homid
Auspice: Philodox
Tribe: Uktena

Walker's lesson: How to fight spirits - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walker's lesson: How to fight spirits   Walker's lesson: How to fight spirits - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 11:20 pm

<< Was it sabotage?  Are you certain?  When many fight together as individuals, not as a pack, their actions frequently clash.  What one thinks will work well interferes with what another thinks will work well.  Chaos is the result.  This is why Gaia made us wolves; we are creatures of the pack.  If you seek to hunt Wyrm servants of strength, then you must be prepared to act as one.  Communication is key.  Knowing what your packmates are going to do ensures that your actions will be in accordance with theirs.  I have heard Garou grumble when the Ahrouns call for more training and more practice; they should not.  Such practice is what forges a cohesive pack from a group of individuals. >>

Walker looks around, then back at Ron.

<< If you would avoid chaos...or sabotage...you need coordination, and you need trust. Foster those, and your hunts will succeed. Neglect them, and the same will happen, again and again. >>
Back to top Go down
Ron Adams

Character sheet
Auspice: Galliard
Tribe: GlassWalkers

PostSubject: Re: Walker's lesson: How to fight spirits   Walker's lesson: How to fight spirits - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 12:13 am

"When seven of twelve are using ranged weapons and something turns out the light that thing is not acting as my friend and ally. While I'm willing to give stupidity its due, malice and cowardliness should not be forgotten.

Trust is a two way street, and not all will meet you half way. I can think of at least one pack of this sept that has shown no desire to work with others and intentionally obfuscated the actions they have taken. I'll offer my hand in alliance, but if it is refused... what then? This was not the actions of one or two packs, but of the sept. Should we shun those that can't play well with others?"
Back to top Go down
Dietrich Von Stauffel

Dietrich Von Stauffel

Character sheet
Tribe: Get of Fenris

PostSubject: Re: Walker's lesson: How to fight spirits   Walker's lesson: How to fight spirits - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 12:22 am

*from his seat in the corner*
Perhaps Ron Adams -Yuf this is a matter for the Philodox council or the Cracking of the Bone ???
Back to top Go down
Adam King

PostSubject: Re: Walker's lesson: How to fight spirits   Walker's lesson: How to fight spirits - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 12:26 am

Adam stands up, sighing.

"Woah, Woah. You go too far. Ron, while I agree that it wasn't a very wise decision, and I agree that the pack in question hasn't been the most open or accommodating of our packs, I also think it's excessive to accuse them of malice and cowardice. They are, almost to a one, of a people that has been oppressed and shunned, and they are resentful of that. They feel continually opressed. Shunning them further is not the solution, it will only make things worse."

Adam turns his blind eyes upon Ron.
Back to top Go down
Ron Adams

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Walker's lesson: How to fight spirits   Walker's lesson: How to fight spirits - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 12:44 am

"You say more then I have King. Was the darkness caused by one of us? If it was then I agree with Dietrich, that this could be a matter for the Philodox council. Still I would hear Walker's response to my questions before we move on to a new topic."

The small wolf nods to Walker, waiting for his response, if any.
Back to top Go down
STBen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Walker's lesson: How to fight spirits   Walker's lesson: How to fight spirits - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 12:28 pm

<< Indeed.  I am not a Philodox, and it is not my place to judge such matters.  Nor was I at the battle.  Dealing with spirits is my area of expertise; not resolving disputes between members of the Sept. >>

Walker regards the speakers.  << Based on what I have heard...and the stories I have heard are fragmentary and, in some cases, conflicting...some realized that the fight was unwinnable and called for retreat before others.  I am no Ahroun, either, but it sounds to me as if half the hunting party began a retreat while the other half was still advancing to attack.  Laying down darkness makes no sense in the context of pressing an attack.  It makes sense in the context of beginning a retreat. >>

He sniffs, a wolfy equivalent of a shrug.  << If that is the case...and as I said, I am not the best judge of such matters...then, again, it would seem to me an issue of coordination and leadership, not of malice. But that is for others to determine, and in other venues.   My opinion is just that: an opinion, and one I offer only because I was asked.  I will not intrude on the domain of another auspice further than that. >>
Back to top Go down
J Bailey

J Bailey

Character sheet
Auspice: Ragabash
Tribe: Bone Gnawers

PostSubject: Re: Walker's lesson: How to fight spirits   Walker's lesson: How to fight spirits - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 12:55 pm

J who falowed adam and sinstalker in has sat quitly till now.

So i was standing at the back with the bata. And i had the best vantige point of any save him. Things were going alrigt but it was clear that even tho we slue dulozens of the weekest. A singifnt amount of the medem ones. We could not talk any of the larg ones down with out more time witch we dident have. Who ever droped the darkness saw thw incoming swarms of bains and knew we were close to over extention. In war you have to make snap calls.
It was not an orginised asult. And from what jaso sade it was never spose to be a cencerted atack. Just a hit and run.

As to the retreet. It was close to simlontanious after loveconall apeard. I srltood with the bata as rear gard and we fell back in reltivly good order.
Back to top Go down
Syntos Bro'uki

Character sheet
Tribe: Silver Fangs

PostSubject: Re: Walker's lesson: How to fight spirits   Walker's lesson: How to fight spirits - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 1:01 pm

"It would be an issue of leadership if the leader made such a decision and it was a lapse in his judgment, however if the decision by another, that is undermining his authority as Wyrmfoe. We were not merely working as a variety of packs, but a unified Sept. This was not the case."
Back to top Go down
STBen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Walker's lesson: How to fight spirits   Walker's lesson: How to fight spirits - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 2:01 pm

<< My opinion was asked.  It has been given.  Beyond that, this is a time to learn techniques for battling spirits--not a time to make points which should properly be raised before the Truthcatcher. If the Wyrmfoe gave commands that were ignored, that is a matter you should raise with the Truthcatcher, or with the Philodox council.  For now, does anyone have any further questions on the matter of fighting spirits? >>

There is just a hint of an edge to Walker's voice.
Back to top Go down
J Bailey

J Bailey

Character sheet
Auspice: Ragabash
Tribe: Bone Gnawers

PostSubject: Re: Walker's lesson: How to fight spirits   Walker's lesson: How to fight spirits - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 3:00 pm

Im sory its a flaw of mine i often speak when i should be silent. I would hear of how we fight sperits of the wever
Back to top Go down
Dietrich Von Stauffel

Dietrich Von Stauffel

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Walker's lesson: How to fight spirits   Walker's lesson: How to fight spirits - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 4:24 pm

*bows his head to to Walker*
I appologize that this matter best left to the Philodox has spilled over into your lesson on Spirits Walker -Ryha.  I agree with Mr. Bailey learning about how to fight the different types of spirits differently is of great interest.  Learning how to fight as a cohesive unit will be a lesson for another time and another place!

Last edited by Dietrich Von Stauffel on Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Adam King

PostSubject: Re: Walker's lesson: How to fight spirits   Walker's lesson: How to fight spirits - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 4:28 pm

Adam nods to Dietrich.

"Hear hear."

He sits back down.
Back to top Go down
Charging bear

Charging bear

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Walker's lesson: How to fight spirits   Walker's lesson: How to fight spirits - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 9:05 pm

(Charging Bear walks in tapping his pipe out on his boot) Sorry to interrupt teacher Walker but the accusations leveed against me need to be answered. So Mr. Adams you want to call me out for cowardice and lending aid to the wyrm. These are serious accusations you call me out on my honor. You say the reason for our loss was due to sabotage. Your words are hollow and do nothing but try to shift the blame to another were it does not belong. Since you feel so strongly about this let us take it to the philodoxes and let them rule and judge this. Let our Ancestors and the Spirits know of your words and my actions let them witness the truth. My heart is pure ......is yours. (with that charging bear bows his head to walker and leaves heading to the philodoxes chamber and the truth catcher)
Back to top Go down
Adam King

PostSubject: Re: Walker's lesson: How to fight spirits   Walker's lesson: How to fight spirits - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 10:07 pm

The reclining form of Adam King simply sighs.
Back to top Go down
STBen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Walker's lesson: How to fight spirits   Walker's lesson: How to fight spirits - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 11:50 pm

Walker frowns.

<< Clearly, this is a matter that should not be allowed to fester. Deal with the issue. The class will continue in two days' time. >>
Back to top Go down
Dietrich Von Stauffel

Dietrich Von Stauffel

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Walker's lesson: How to fight spirits   Walker's lesson: How to fight spirits - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 11:56 pm

*Nods to Walker*
Again my Appologies...
*Slowly walks towards the Umbral Falls*
Back to top Go down
Ron Adams

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Walker's lesson: How to fight spirits   Walker's lesson: How to fight spirits - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 10:03 am

Wolfish shrug

"Sorry for interrupting the class. Seemed like an important matter to bring up but I did not intend to derail your lesson."

The small wolf nods to walker then walks off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walker's lesson: How to fight spirits   Walker's lesson: How to fight spirits - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Walker's lesson: How to fight spirits
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2