Falling waters 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling waters 2.0

Here there be Werewolves

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Pup Calls 4/4/15

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ylva_Ulvkriger

Ylva_Ulvkriger

Character sheet
Breed: Homid
Auspice: Ahroun
Tribe: Get of Fenris

A Pup Calls 4/4/15 Empty
PostSubject: A Pup Calls 4/4/15   A Pup Calls 4/4/15 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 10:01 am

Ylva wasn’t sure what she was doing, but if nothing else she was certain this was where she was told to come. Her Grandmother’s spirit whispered in her heart that this was where she would find others like herself, others with the beast inside, and those who followed the old ways.

The woman was young, in her early twenties, and tall. Naturally standing at 6’5”, she also wore brown leather boots with a couple inches in the heel, so she often looked down at those around her. Her ice blue eyes, pale blonde-auburn hair, and high cheekbones marked her as some kind of Scandinavian. Her black leather jacket and belted shirt of chain marked her as someone who was not afraid of a fight. But despite how intimidating she might be to a human, a Garou would recognize her as a pup, and a purebreed at that.

After drawing a breath though her nose Ylva threw her head back and howled, hoping there would be a reply.

Last edited by Ylva_Ulvkriger on Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Miguel Castillo

Miguel Castillo

Character sheet
Auspice: Philodox
Tribe: Silver Fangs

A Pup Calls 4/4/15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pup Calls 4/4/15   A Pup Calls 4/4/15 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 10:11 am

*A broad shoulder man in clothes that are expensive enough they can't really be called casual approaches. Bearded and his hair only slightly tamed, streaks of silver shooting through both, he calmly approaches. When at a respectful distance he bows and then, suddenly, sneezes. (sense wyrm)*

Hello, young friend.
Back to top Go down
Ylva_Ulvkriger

Ylva_Ulvkriger

Character sheet

A Pup Calls 4/4/15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pup Calls 4/4/15   A Pup Calls 4/4/15 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 10:20 am

When she was approached her brows went up, wincing slightly when he sneezed in her direction. There was no indication of taint or the wyrm on her.

Ylva bowed her head, keeping her eyes on the man. "Hello." She paused before speaking again. "I'm Ylva Ulvkriger, Haunts the Darkness. Ahroun of Get of Fenris and Valkyrie of Freya. I met a man who told me I should look for Falling Waters, and ask to join there." No one had taught her how to properly introduce herself or request to join a pack, but the pup kept her head held high despite her lack of experience.
Back to top Go down
Miguel Castillo

Miguel Castillo

Character sheet

A Pup Calls 4/4/15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pup Calls 4/4/15   A Pup Calls 4/4/15 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 10:22 am

*sits on a nearby bench*
And who was this man, young friend?
Back to top Go down
Ylva_Ulvkriger

Ylva_Ulvkriger

Character sheet

A Pup Calls 4/4/15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pup Calls 4/4/15   A Pup Calls 4/4/15 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 10:25 am

"He said his name was William Erickson." She had no idea what implications that name would bring upon her, but it was one of the few she had to offer.
Back to top Go down
Miguel Castillo

Miguel Castillo

Character sheet

A Pup Calls 4/4/15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pup Calls 4/4/15   A Pup Calls 4/4/15 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 10:32 am

*laughs and laughs laughs, his eyes crinkling at the corner with premature wrinkles, his bushy beard splitting with mouth wide open guffaws... after a few minutes they subside, ending in chuckles....*

Erickson? Describe him, please.
Back to top Go down
Ylva_Ulvkriger

Ylva_Ulvkriger

Character sheet

A Pup Calls 4/4/15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pup Calls 4/4/15   A Pup Calls 4/4/15 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 10:42 am

Ylva stared at the man as he laughed at her, clenching her jaw in an effort not to growl. Had she done something wrong? Was she already a laughing stock for bringing him up? Her face was hot with embarrassment.

Finally she was spoken to again, and she folded her arms over her chest. "Erickson? Kind of a boisterous man I guess, loved telling stories. I met him in his travels, he started asking me about stories of my family so I told him about my mother. She was an Ahroun like me, before she died." The woman paused again, clearing her throat as she realized she was getting off topic. "He told me I belonged with a pack and not on my own, and told me where I could find Falling Waters. I think he was on his way here when we met."

Last edited by Ylva_Ulvkriger on Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
STBen

Character sheet
Tribe: Uktena

A Pup Calls 4/4/15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pup Calls 4/4/15   A Pup Calls 4/4/15 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 11:16 am

<< The Get, it would seem, have received this call in some numbers. >>

The speaker is a lean, almost gaunt wolf, with dark fur.  Walker is simply there--as usual, seeming to sort of ooze out of the shadows.  He inclines his head to Miguel--sort of a "Don't let me interrupt, just doing my job" gesture--as he considers the new arrival.

Last edited by STBen on Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ylva_Ulvkriger

Ylva_Ulvkriger

Character sheet

A Pup Calls 4/4/15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pup Calls 4/4/15   A Pup Calls 4/4/15 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 11:22 am

The young woman was surprised by the arrival of the wolf at first, bowing her head to him as well. "You mean there are many more of us here?" Ylva asked, canting her head a bit.
Back to top Go down
Miguel Castillo

Miguel Castillo

Character sheet

A Pup Calls 4/4/15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pup Calls 4/4/15   A Pup Calls 4/4/15 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 12:24 pm

*Lowers his head to the suddenly appearing wolf and at the newcomer's word stops even smiling. His face grows melancholy, an expression it seems is very common to him.*

No. No, there are not, sadly. Here, though, some few have gathered. And a few can make all the difference of an army.

As for Erikson, he is a bit bluff, yes. But don't let that fool you. He is may seem all good humor and bluster, but there is a streak of iron in there, of right and wrong and knowing the difference. I wouldn't care to get on the wrong side of him.
Back to top Go down
Ylva_Ulvkriger

Ylva_Ulvkriger

Character sheet

A Pup Calls 4/4/15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pup Calls 4/4/15   A Pup Calls 4/4/15 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 12:56 pm

Ylva frowned as well when the man spoke of how there were not as many others as she might have anticipated. She nodded though. The tension seemed to be lifting, and the heat of frustration began to subside. She closed her eyes momentarily. "It would be an honor to offer my claws and spear to aid you, if you would have me."

Opening her eyes she froze and listened as he went on about Erickson. A stiff nod was given. "I understand," Ylva said. "I trusted in his honor and followed his advice to come here."

Last edited by Ylva_Ulvkriger on Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Miguel Castillo

Miguel Castillo

Character sheet

A Pup Calls 4/4/15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pup Calls 4/4/15   A Pup Calls 4/4/15 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 1:27 pm

*stands and bows formally to the newcomer*
I am called Miguel. I will see you again. Give my regards to Erikson when you see him and remind him he promised me a rematch.

*Nods his head again to the wolf*
Good day, Walker-rhya.

*starts to depart*
Back to top Go down
Ylva_Ulvkriger

Ylva_Ulvkriger

Character sheet

A Pup Calls 4/4/15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pup Calls 4/4/15   A Pup Calls 4/4/15 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 1:36 pm

She bowed back instinctually, nodding some more. "Thank you, Miguel. I will." A rematch? For what? She would have to remember to get the message to Erickson. If nothing else, it seemed promising that he said he would see her again, though he gave her no further instructions.

And started to leave.

Ylva blinked. What was she supposed to do now? Was she accepted? Was she supposed to follow? The woman remained still and canted her head, turning to the wolf whom Miguel referred to as Walker. She waited, refraining with all her might from voicing the words Now what?

Last edited by Ylva_Ulvkriger on Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos)
Back to top Go down
STBen

Character sheet

A Pup Calls 4/4/15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pup Calls 4/4/15   A Pup Calls 4/4/15 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 2:43 pm

<< You are free of taint; enter and be welcome. The way into the Sept is there. >> He nods to the Falls. << Leap from the precipice. >>
Back to top Go down
Ylva_Ulvkriger

Ylva_Ulvkriger

Character sheet

A Pup Calls 4/4/15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pup Calls 4/4/15   A Pup Calls 4/4/15 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 2:56 pm

Ylva listened to Walker. Leap from the precipice?! But whispers in her heart told her to trust, once again, despite outside judgment. She had been accepted and was being welcomed home. The welcome involved practically jumping off a cliff... but with boldness in her eyes she bowed her head. "Thank you." And with that, she jumped.
Back to top Go down
STBen

Character sheet

A Pup Calls 4/4/15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pup Calls 4/4/15   A Pup Calls 4/4/15 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 3:31 pm

It's amazing how subjective time is.

A pleasant afternoon can go past in a heartbeat; fifteen minutes can seem like an eternity when you're in pain.

And when you've just thrown yourself off of Niagara Falls, time slows almost to a standstill when you see the gulf yawning before you.

You have time for your life to flash before your eyes. You have time to wonder if you're insane for doing this, or merely very gullible.

And then there's no time for anything else, because the gorge is rushing up at you, and...

...you find yourself in a chamber behind the Falls, wet and disoriented, but safe.
Back to top Go down
Ylva_Ulvkriger

Ylva_Ulvkriger

Character sheet

A Pup Calls 4/4/15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pup Calls 4/4/15   A Pup Calls 4/4/15 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 3:49 pm

Falling was not a sensation the woman enjoyed, and at first, immediately after the jump, she howled. Partially from the shock that, yes, without any protest or second thought, she'd jumped off a huge waterfall.

Ylva could practically hear her Grandmother whispering in her ears, This is right, child. This is good. Or that might have been the wind whipping viciously at her as she plummeted. She clenched her jaw, shut her eyes tight, and braced her body. If she was headed for an impact she deserved the punishment of the cruel rocks rushing up at her. It would be her fault for trusting so quickly. The one thing she could not stomach in this world was betrayal, but she did not give up hope yet that they would not have thrown her to her death.

The fall seemed to grow longer and longer, like she would never hit the bottom and never know whether she had thrown her life away, or begun a new chapter. It took time, but she found peace laced with rage, strength woven with serenity. Let it come... she thought, Come what may, whatever it is. But let it come...

...when she opened her eyes she was stunned for a moment. The world swirled around her, and when she took a step her whole body swayed unsteadily. Quickly she forced herself to be still, taking in her surroundings bit by bit until they stopped spinning. Ylva took a gulp of air and felt her heart leap for a moment before settling again in a steady rhythm.

They had not betrayed her. Indeed, she was safe. And a small, wolfish grin tugged at the corners of her mouth. A new chapter had begun.
Back to top Go down
Speaks with Gaia's Voice

Speaks with Gaia's Voice

Character sheet
Breed: Metis
Auspice: Galliard
Tribe: Children if Gaia

A Pup Calls 4/4/15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pup Calls 4/4/15   A Pup Calls 4/4/15 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 5:21 pm

Snow giggles as the new girl shows up. "Yeah the jump is fun huh! Wanna go again! Hi I'm Speaks with Gaias voice aka speaks or snow... I answer to any. Here's a towel!" She hands her a big fluffy towel.
Back to top Go down
Ylva_Ulvkriger

Ylva_Ulvkriger

Character sheet

A Pup Calls 4/4/15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pup Calls 4/4/15   A Pup Calls 4/4/15 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 6:30 pm

Ylva looked up suddenly when she heard a voice, flaring her nostrils at the question. "Again?" She snorted and grinned. "Not yet, I'm still making sure my head is actually attached to my body." She moved forward to take the towel, wiping off her face and arms before wrapping it around her hair to wring it out. "Thanks. My name's Ylva Ulvkriger, good to meet you. Where... exactly did I end up after I fell?" She narrowed her eyes and furrowed her brow as she looked around, curiously sniffing the air.
Back to top Go down
Bane-breaker

Bane-breaker

Character sheet

A Pup Calls 4/4/15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pup Calls 4/4/15   A Pup Calls 4/4/15 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 8:42 pm

"Wonderland, Alice." Jack grinned, strolling out along the same path as Snow, arms crossed over her chest loosely. "This here's the White Rabbit, and I'm the March Hare.

"All kidding aside, welcome to Falling Waters. By your fine taste in undershirts and bearing I'm going to guess -- Fenrir?" There was a lilt of hope, one blonde brow sliding upwards. "Please? It's like a sausage fest up in this and it's driving me batty."
Back to top Go down
http://wiki.mindseyesociety.org/index.php/Bane-breaker
Ylva_Ulvkriger

Ylva_Ulvkriger

Character sheet

A Pup Calls 4/4/15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pup Calls 4/4/15   A Pup Calls 4/4/15 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 8:53 pm

The reference got Ylva to grin even more, turning her eyes toward the next female to approach. "I'd guessed that. I actually started to wonder if I'd ever hit the bottom or if I'd just keep falling forever." The woman didn't continue to fuss with her hair. Once it was manageably dry she shook her head hard and remaining moisture splattered about. She twisted her hair over her shoulder and let it hang against the leather of her jacket.

Now her grin showed teeth when the woman inquired further about her. "Yes," Ylva said. She tapped her chain mail shirt lovingly. "Can't let the guys have all the fun, right?" The towel was slung over her other shoulder. Ylva bowed her head briefly to the other woman. "Who're you?"
Back to top Go down
Bane-breaker

Bane-breaker

Character sheet

A Pup Calls 4/4/15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pup Calls 4/4/15   A Pup Calls 4/4/15 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 2:39 am

Jack stepped forward and offered the redhead a hand. "Bane-breaker, though my mom called me Jack. Skald of the Fenrir, though really we're all Ahrouns when the time comes. I've recently come back to the sept, so there are a lot of new faces for me, too." She gave Snow a playful wink.

Last edited by Bane-breaker on Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ylva_Ulvkriger

Ylva_Ulvkriger

Character sheet

A Pup Calls 4/4/15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pup Calls 4/4/15   A Pup Calls 4/4/15 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 7:34 am

Ylva nodded. "I've never actually been in a pack before, and to be honest I'm not exactly sure what I do next." Her eyes flickered between Snow and Jack. "I met someone named Miguel and someone named Walker... and they told me to jump off a waterfall, but I didn't get instructions or anything." She scratched the back of her neck.
Back to top Go down
Ylva_Ulvkriger

Ylva_Ulvkriger

Character sheet

A Pup Calls 4/4/15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pup Calls 4/4/15   A Pup Calls 4/4/15 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 7:37 am

She took Jack's hand and shook it firmly, bowing her head a bit to the other Ahroun.
Back to top Go down
Bane-breaker

Bane-breaker

Character sheet

A Pup Calls 4/4/15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pup Calls 4/4/15   A Pup Calls 4/4/15 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 1:20 pm

"Miguel's good people, he's a Fang. Folkvar and Halvard'll probably get to you -- no pun intended. For some reason they like all the Fenrir together." She gave good handshake, letting go after a polite interval. "Or Dietrich. Just a matter of them being around."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Pup Calls 4/4/15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pup Calls 4/4/15   A Pup Calls 4/4/15 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Pup Calls 4/4/15
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Falling waters 2.0 :: Locations :: Caern :: The Umbral Bawn-
Jump to: