Falling waters 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling waters 2.0

Here there be Werewolves

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

That damned nosy cat, again...

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Miguel Castillo

Miguel Castillo

Character sheet
Breed: Homid
Auspice: Philodox
Tribe: Silver Fangs

That damned nosy cat, again... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: That damned nosy cat, again...   That damned nosy cat, again... - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 10:06 pm

*Says, like he is reciting a formula*

"You would have to ask him.", Miguel says... though, after a moment "Would you like me to ask for you?'
Back to top Go down
STBen

Character sheet
Tribe: Uktena

PostSubject: Re: That damned nosy cat, again...   That damned nosy cat, again... - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 10:31 pm

Redleaf nods. "That would be appreciated. I...think I know a way to finish the job, but there are some big obstacles."
Back to top Go down
J Bailey

J Bailey

Character sheet
Auspice: Ragabash
Tribe: Bone Gnawers

PostSubject: Re: That damned nosy cat, again...   That damned nosy cat, again... - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 10:37 pm

J comes wandering in just about then. or at least he becomes visabule then behind the cat, with no sent. and weight Quietly to see how long it take for him to realize
Back to top Go down
STBen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: That damned nosy cat, again...   That damned nosy cat, again... - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 10:49 pm

(( OOC: Out of curiosity, how close is J? Kinda impacts how quickly I'm likely to notice. Smile ))
Back to top Go down
Miguel Castillo

Miguel Castillo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: That damned nosy cat, again...   That damned nosy cat, again... - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 10:59 pm

*sighs*
"Ever know anyone who makes your job just a little harder than it needs to be?"
Back to top Go down
STBen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: That damned nosy cat, again...   That damned nosy cat, again... - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 11:07 pm

"Frequently."

Ever notice how cats seem to know people are there? As J approaches, Redleaf looks over his shoulder. Could be coincidence; could be that he noticed Miguel noticing; could be something else. Who knows?

"Oh, J! We were just talking about you. I have a cunning plan."
Back to top Go down
Daniel Aerin Mille-Sandre

Character sheet
Breed: Lupus
Auspice: Theurge

PostSubject: Re: That damned nosy cat, again...   That damned nosy cat, again... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 8:59 am

Daniel arrives, a look of deep investment on his face. "Cat-friend. You know something we don't know." This last is sung not in the annoying human meme pattern but in a common resonance of the High Tongue.
Back to top Go down
STBen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: That damned nosy cat, again...   That damned nosy cat, again... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 11:31 am

"Oh, probably. Just as you know things I don't know. I think that's sometimes the problem. At the moment, I know how we can finish the job we started at Love Canal."

He pauses. "At least, I think I do. Probably. Maybe."
Back to top Go down
Miguel Castillo

Miguel Castillo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: That damned nosy cat, again...   That damned nosy cat, again... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 12:09 pm

*makes a gesture to say continue*
Back to top Go down
STBen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: That damned nosy cat, again...   That damned nosy cat, again... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 4:40 pm

Redleaf looks from Miguel to Ethereal Quality, and then to J Bailey.  He closes his eyes and speaks slowly, deliberately, as he always does when trying to overcome his natural tendency to speak in elaborate riddles.

"I believe I know a way to cleanse Love Canal of its toxins.  I do not possess this ability myself, but I think I may be able to obtain it.  I stress "may."

There are certain problems to this.  The first is that this is not a matter of using a talen or performing a simple rite.  I would have to claim the land.  That's not just saying "This is mine."  It's more like a marriage.  It is a sacred bond with the land, a lifelong obligation to protect and nurture the land thus cleansed.  In a very real way, it makes you a PART of the land, and the land becomes part of you.

Needless to say, it's not something that can be done casually or repeatedly.  What's the old line?  "It's a great trick, but I can only do it once."

Which brings us to the real problems.  If I can acquire this knowledge, if I can cleanse the land, then it will need to be defended...and I don't think I can do that on my own.  Oh, I know some tricks; I can give an attacker a rough time of it.  If I do this right, I will be able to provide some security against attacks--much as your Bawn is warded, but to a lesser extent.  But I'm a doctor, a scout, and a warrior only at need.  If the forces of what you call the Wyrm or the Weaver choose to move against me in force?"

He shakes his head.  "No, I am not strong enough to withstand that."

"The other problem is less dramatic but no less important.  Love Canal is notorious.  It's synonymous with "toxic blight," even among the humans.  If it suddenly ceases to be toxic and starts blooming again, people are going to notice.  The Weaver will notice.  The Wyrm will notice.  The humans will notice, and that's the biggest concern of all.  So: I need help to conceal the fact that it's been cleansed.  Someone would need to take over the cleanup and cover up the fact that it's DONE--periodically report slow but steady progress.  That takes resources and contacts I just don't have."

He spreads his hands.  "I think this can be done...but I can't do it alone.  I need your help."
Back to top Go down

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: That damned nosy cat, again...   That damned nosy cat, again... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 5:35 pm

Daniel looks off into the distance. Somewhere out there, in that direction, is Asya Castillo. He looks back at Miguel. And then he regards Alpha Bailey.

"It is not the only way, Gnawer-Rhya. I am sure of that, thanks to your bond with Chimera. If you need Love Canal cleansed immediately for a reason, I advise you take Cat-friend's offer. If there is a place you need cleansed more desperately than this--someplace like 'Buffalo Avenue', or perhaps a blight you fear may appear in the future that is even worse--I advise you ask Cat-friend to help you there. If you are not going to take up Cat-friend's offer for the Canal in the next moon, I advise you assign a pack with the proper aptitude to get started on saving Love Canal another way. Based on the signs, I would estimate you have until the first snow storm to have dealt with the dead Blight-Caern before things get...deadly worse."

Having given his unsolicited advice, Daniel stands behind Miguel and appears to eject himself from the conversation.
Back to top Go down
J Bailey

J Bailey

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: That damned nosy cat, again...   That damned nosy cat, again... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 8:39 pm

hum.... well that's interesting .... I like option C

We asine(/ get them to voleantear) a pack with the aporpret skills... Suggestions welcome

will that starts we let the Cat start his crazy quest for information. if you are successful in getting the info then we reevaluate then.
Back to top Go down
Miguel Castillo

Miguel Castillo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: That damned nosy cat, again...   That damned nosy cat, again... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 10:23 pm

*Waits patiently for a few minutes to let the others speak their piece.*
Back to top Go down
STBen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: That damned nosy cat, again...   That damned nosy cat, again... - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 8:19 am

"I'll do what I can," Redleaf replies. "If your spirit-speaker is right, time is short. Who knows when the first snow will fly?"
Back to top Go down

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: That damned nosy cat, again...   That damned nosy cat, again... - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 9:46 am

From behind Miguel, Daniel's body language is quite clear. He's praying desperately that he is wrong.
Back to top Go down
Miguel Castillo

Miguel Castillo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: That damned nosy cat, again...   That damned nosy cat, again... - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 10:52 am

*looks at his phone and frowns*
There may be scattered snow next week... very low chance, but possible.

*looks up*
Doesn't it usually snow in this area by the end of November? so at the latest we have 6 weeks.
Back to top Go down
J Bailey

J Bailey

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: That damned nosy cat, again...   That damned nosy cat, again... - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 12:15 pm

So why is the snow a problem and or a thing?
Back to top Go down
Miguel Castillo

Miguel Castillo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: That damned nosy cat, again...   That damned nosy cat, again... - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 1:32 pm

'My packmate has read the portents that say if that blight caern isnt handled, by first snows, then bad things will happen.'
Back to top Go down
Miguel Castillo

Miguel Castillo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: That damned nosy cat, again...   That damned nosy cat, again... - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 7:18 pm

*His phone beeps*
I was incorrect... it may in fact snow this Saturday night.
Back to top Go down

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: That damned nosy cat, again...   That damned nosy cat, again... - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 4:38 pm

***Forum Time vs Real Time: Consider this post to be a today-right-now thing. If your character would return/respond to a spiritual notice of news, feel free to be here to continue the conversation***

Daniel is stricken with pain, his eyes bubbling with Rage, his fur ripping with angst and the first snow of the season (a brief hail today at 4 PM). "The prophecy has come to pass. The Nightmaster walks among us. Antihelios flies within the bounds of Gaia's Realms. He slew a Caern Totem known as Trash Heap, destroying a very powerful Caern in a single attack, and escaped undefeated."
Back to top Go down
STBen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: That damned nosy cat, again...   That damned nosy cat, again... - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 7:02 pm

Redleaf's face has a decided pallor to it. "Well, if it can destroy an entire, then I imagine that settles the question of whether it's truly Anthelios. It fled towards Polaris, from what I've been able to learn."
Back to top Go down
Miguel Castillo

Miguel Castillo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: That damned nosy cat, again...   That damned nosy cat, again... - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 8:44 pm

*Raises an eyebrow*
"That is a terrible development... but it does not change the other portent.", Miguel looks to the Alpha "It will snow soon, prophecies have shown that something bad will happen if we don't finish that job soon. Should we ask the Wyrmfoe what the plan of action is?"
Back to top Go down

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: That damned nosy cat, again...   That damned nosy cat, again... - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 10:22 am

Daniel nods to Redleaf. "Some of the sages contend that because it has not caused Armageddon entire, and because the Body of Spirits did not shake with anguish and warning, that it is a pale reflection of the original Anthelios; the phrase 'of the Abyss' was used by a particular sage. Not to call doubt on my Elders, but without proof of his claim we can suppose it might also be a partial awakening, a ghost, a potent Avatar or an ascending Wyrm spirit." Not that that is any better, his eyes say unsaid.

Daniel listens to Miguel and now also waits upon the Sept Alpha.
Back to top Go down
STBen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: That damned nosy cat, again...   That damned nosy cat, again... - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 1:12 pm

Redleaf nods to Miguel's words.

"I came here to heal," he says. "To heal the hurts of the body, yes, but also to heal the wounds of the land. Redeeming Love Canal has been one of my missions all along; I have to try, no matter what."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That damned nosy cat, again...   That damned nosy cat, again... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

That damned nosy cat, again...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Falling waters 2.0 :: Locations :: Caern :: The Umbral Bawn-
Jump to: