Falling waters 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling waters 2.0

Here there be Werewolves

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The "Help me understand the Character spreadsheet" Thread

Go down 
+3
Luna's Thorns
STBen
STBrian
7 posters
AuthorMessage
STBrian

The "Help me understand the Character spreadsheet" Thread Empty
PostSubject: The "Help me understand the Character spreadsheet" Thread   The "Help me understand the Character spreadsheet" Thread EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 10:01 pm

Okay. I know there are questions. Let me help.
Back to top Go down
STBen

Character sheet
Breed: Homid
Auspice: Philodox
Tribe: Uktena

PostSubject: Re: The "Help me understand the Character spreadsheet" Thread   The "Help me understand the Character spreadsheet" Thread EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 10:53 pm

I'll start off. Smile

1. What does it mean to have an ST "sign off" on a given gift/rite/etc? What is considered acceptable evidence of an ST "signing off?" Is having the ST's membership number in the appropriate spot on the sheet adequate, or does there have to be an actual physical signature on the sheet?
Back to top Go down
STBrian

PostSubject: Re: The "Help me understand the Character spreadsheet" Thread   The "Help me understand the Character spreadsheet" Thread EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 11:10 pm

It is adequate for the sheet to have the Mem # of the approving ST for low approvals, and the actual approval # for anything higher.

If you want to protect yourself, I'd make sure to get an Email from an ST approving it, then holding onto that message in your box if you ever need to back it up. For higher approvals, those are all logged in the MES system and can be looked up by an auditing ST at any time.
Back to top Go down
Luna's Thorns

Luna's Thorns

Character sheet
Auspice: Ragabash
Tribe: Shadow Lords

PostSubject: Re: The "Help me understand the Character spreadsheet" Thread   The "Help me understand the Character spreadsheet" Thread EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 1:55 am

Was the sign-off on gifts because all gifts have at least low approval, or was that the STs making things easier/flow more smoothly for themselves? Also, was that sign off supposed to be on the XP spends sheet or the approval sheet?
Back to top Go down
STBrian

PostSubject: Re: The "Help me understand the Character spreadsheet" Thread   The "Help me understand the Character spreadsheet" Thread EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 2:31 am

Sign off on gifts is in large part because there are so many of them, and it can be easy to get mixed up over what's allowed at low and what's not. Best to get that confirmed. The signoff just needs to be in some way you can prove under an audit, be it an email or an old signed sheet.

There is a logistical penalty for not having a database... It puts more work on you guys, but at the same time, it means you guys fully own your sheets. They're your sheets that you play in our game, which is a small but important thing, I think.
Back to top Go down
Luna's Thorns

Luna's Thorns

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The "Help me understand the Character spreadsheet" Thread   The "Help me understand the Character spreadsheet" Thread EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 2:37 am

((derp, put this in the wrong thread))

There also seems to be an error in the spreadsheet.  When you apply a neg xp for taking a mental neg trait, it negates the 2 bonus xp for taking a derangement.

I can manually assign the 2 points, but then my count turns red, I think trying to reflect something was changed.
Back to top Go down
J Bailey

J Bailey

Character sheet
Tribe: Bone Gnawers

PostSubject: Re: The "Help me understand the Character spreadsheet" Thread   The "Help me understand the Character spreadsheet" Thread EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 12:51 pm

You cant have both negs and a drengment in mes its one or the opther
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Breed: Lupus
Auspice: Galliard
Tribe: Uktena

PostSubject: Re: The "Help me understand the Character spreadsheet" Thread   The "Help me understand the Character spreadsheet" Thread EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 3:03 pm

Cory is correct check the addendum section  A2.5 there is an "or"
Back to top Go down
https://fwlarp.rpg-board.net
STBrian

PostSubject: Re: The "Help me understand the Character spreadsheet" Thread   The "Help me understand the Character spreadsheet" Thread EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 3:59 pm

I really really think that's a typo. I'll ask up the food chain.
Back to top Go down
Adam King

PostSubject: Re: The "Help me understand the Character spreadsheet" Thread   The "Help me understand the Character spreadsheet" Thread EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 5:16 pm

Yeah, I had this same problem during character creation. I hope kicking it up the chain doesn't reveal that I'm 2 points overspent.
Back to top Go down
Luna's Thorns

Luna's Thorns

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The "Help me understand the Character spreadsheet" Thread   The "Help me understand the Character spreadsheet" Thread EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 5:30 pm

It would explain why the spreadsheet said "no."
Back to top Go down
STBrian

PostSubject: Re: The "Help me understand the Character spreadsheet" Thread   The "Help me understand the Character spreadsheet" Thread EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 12:18 pm

Answer from Team Garou. Modify your sheets accordingly. This is my bad for not catching it.

Quote :
Yep! Any combination of Negative Traits and/or derangements not to exceed 5 freebies gained. So you can do five negative Traits,  1 negative Trait and two derangements, 3 negative Traits and one derangement,  etc. Doesn't even have to equal five freebies, that's just the cap!
Back to top Go down
Dietrich Von Stauffel

Dietrich Von Stauffel

Character sheet
Tribe: Get of Fenris

PostSubject: Re: The "Help me understand the Character spreadsheet" Thread   The "Help me understand the Character spreadsheet" Thread EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 10:30 am

Ok here is a question I have been Trying to fix on my sheet for a while. The Addendum says you start with 1 Garou Lore and 1 Tribal Lore and 1 Lore based on the maximum Level your MC Earns you. So for My Character 1 Garou and 1 Get of Fenris Lore and 1 Lore Point to spend. But on Page Two of the Sheet it doesnt Show this. Should I put a 1 in Get Lore and Garou Lore under FP [Free Points] Or is the sheet just screwing up some how ???? Or did I miss read the Addendum ??
Back to top Go down
J Bailey

J Bailey

Character sheet
Tribe: Bone Gnawers

PostSubject: Re: The "Help me understand the Character spreadsheet" Thread   The "Help me understand the Character spreadsheet" Thread EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 10:54 am

Its in the sheet you use crearion points. Thw sheet dose the math for you.
on page one under creation points down were totles are it has a lors section.
Listing your inishal, spent, and left.
Back to top Go down
Dietrich Von Stauffel

Dietrich Von Stauffel

Character sheet
Tribe: Get of Fenris

PostSubject: Re: The "Help me understand the Character spreadsheet" Thread   The "Help me understand the Character spreadsheet" Thread EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 9:11 pm

Yes but I was Only given the 1 CP for Lores from my MC Level there is no base one in each lore totaled on the sheet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "Help me understand the Character spreadsheet" Thread   The "Help me understand the Character spreadsheet" Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The "Help me understand the Character spreadsheet" Thread
Page 1 of 1