Falling waters 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling waters 2.0

Here there be Werewolves

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Night at the Alleyway Theatre

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

A Night at the Alleyway Theatre Empty
PostSubject: A Night at the Alleyway Theatre   A Night at the Alleyway Theatre EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 11:04 am

Bankroll secures a third ticket for the performance and arrives at the theater 15 minutes before the house opens. He waits for Asya and Clint in a nearby cafe, dressed to the nines in a fine three-piece suit with his steel briefcase at his side as always.

OOC to ST:
With your approval, Ben, I'd like to add the following preparations:
1. Kinfolk muscle in a black town car nearby, with weaponry on hand if Bankroll needs to grab something extra.
- And if there are metal detectors or significant security at the theater, the briefcase might have to be stashed with them.
2. Use of Attunement from a stall in the cafe bathroom, to check if there's a Ratkin nest or vampire haven in the immediate area of the theater, or any other sign of their presence.
Back to top Go down
STBen

Character sheet
Breed: Homid
Auspice: Philodox
Tribe: Uktena

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Alleyway Theatre   A Night at the Alleyway Theatre EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 11:14 am

The car outside is no problem. There is no significant security whatsoever on the theater...well-dressed patrons stroll in and out casually. It looks like the performers' biggest fear may be harsh critics. All in all, it looks like a typical night at the theater.

Attunement does, in fact, pick up vampire presence in the downtown area, but not in the immediate area of the theater. Nor does it pick up signs of Ratkin presence in the immediate area. (For the whole city, I'll have to wait until I can confer with Charles, but I can safely give these answers.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Alleyway Theatre   A Night at the Alleyway Theatre EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 9:27 pm

Bankroll will whisper to his companions, "No signs of leeches or rats in the immediate area, but keep alert."

Ben, he'll also cycle through Pulse of the Invisible to check the local spirit presence.
Back to top Go down
STBen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Alleyway Theatre   A Night at the Alleyway Theatre EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 10:02 pm

It takes some effort--the Gauntlet in the heart of downtown is pretty high. The local spirits are about what you would expect for a relatively nice part of downtown. Some pattern spiders going about their spidery business, a few rat spirits here and there looking for gnostic scraps. For a downtown area, it's reasonably healthy and balanced.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Alleyway Theatre   A Night at the Alleyway Theatre EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 10:31 pm

Having satisfied his curiosity, he and his companions go into the theater to find their seats.
Back to top Go down
STBen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Alleyway Theatre   A Night at the Alleyway Theatre EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 12:41 pm

You enter the theater and take your seats.  The lights go down, and the curtain goes up.

The play tells the story of a man named Gregor Samsa who awakens one morning to discover that he has been transformed into a giant cockroach.  He struggles to adapt to this transformation; his family members, at first horrified, gradually grow resentful at the necessity of caring for him.  At times, this resentment reaches the level of outright abuse.

In the end, the family, thinking that Gregor has become nothing more than an animal, discusses the need to get rid of him.  Gregor, however, can still understand them.  He returns to his room and dies there, freeing them of the burden of looking after him.

The production is well done; the actors are skilled enough to bring out the subtext of the story. While the premise of the play is fantastic, almost absurd, the themes it explores are deadly serious: the alienation that comes with a lack of understanding, the resentment and mistreatment that sometimes result when caring for a disabled person.  It's thought-provoking, engaging, and troubling in equal measure.

The real star of the show, though, is Gregor.  Slim, lithe, he moves with the grace of a trained dancer, and a very gifted one.  The set depicting his room has been built with numerous concealed handholds and footholds, allowing him to climb the walls and mimic the insect he's supposedly become.  His motions perfectly capture and convey the illusion of an insect; his ability to act with nothing but gesture, movement, and posture is superb.  Without a single line of dialogue, he is quite capable of evoking pathos for the tragic Samsa and his death.

A quick glance at the playbill confirms it: the actor/dancer playing Samsa is Stephen Ongola.

During intermission, one of the ushers brings Bankroll a note:

Please visit me in my dressing room after the show.  --S
Back to top Go down
Asya Petrova

Asya Petrova

Character sheet
Auspice: Ragabash
Tribe: Silver Fangs

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Alleyway Theatre   A Night at the Alleyway Theatre EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 5:21 pm

Asya arrives, all smiles and accompanies Bankroll.

((Ooc: sorry, just saw this and about to board a plane. I can respond better once on board))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Alleyway Theatre   A Night at the Alleyway Theatre EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 3:38 pm

Bankroll shows the note to his companions at intermission, and then continues to watch the performance.

After the final curtain falls, Bankroll will walk the halls of the theater toward Stephen's dressing room, accompanied by Asya and Clint if they're willing.

His senses alert for any signs of a trap, on both sides of the Gauntlet, he makes his way to the door and politely knocks.
Back to top Go down
STBen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Alleyway Theatre   A Night at the Alleyway Theatre EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 8:04 pm

"Enter and be welcome."

The voice is cultured in the extreme, every syllable lovingly rounded, the vowel sounds pure and ringing.  And yes, there is an accent...Oxford, overlying...something African.  Nigeria?  Ghana?  Perhaps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Alleyway Theatre   A Night at the Alleyway Theatre EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 10:45 pm

Bankroll opens the door and walks in, taking in his surroundings both in the physical world and the Umbra.
Back to top Go down
STBen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Alleyway Theatre   A Night at the Alleyway Theatre EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 6:56 pm

The man reclining in a chair is slim, perhaps 5'9", without an ounce of spare flesh on him. His features bespeak a heritage which might trace back to Axum or Kush--strong, impassive. Dark eyes consider you thoughtfully as he lounges, completely at ease but without a hint of slouch in his posture.

"Thank you for coming. Please, sit. There is tea, or wine, if you care for refreshment."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Alleyway Theatre   A Night at the Alleyway Theatre EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 10:25 pm

Bankroll nods and smiles to his host as he takes a seat.

"I'm fine for the moment, but I may take you up on a glass before I leave.

"It was an excellent performance, one I might have missed otherwise in these busy days. Thank you for the invitation."

He pauses and then says, "But I imagine you had other reasons to invite us here than simply treating us to a night at the theater."
Back to top Go down
STBen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Alleyway Theatre   A Night at the Alleyway Theatre EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 9:40 am

The man smiles, his teeth dazzlingly white. "But of course. We have matters to discuss, important matters. Manners, though, courtesy: these are paramount, especially in serious times. My name is Stephen Ongola, as you no doubt have discovered. To whom do I have the honor of speaking? >>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Alleyway Theatre   A Night at the Alleyway Theatre EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 9:12 pm

Bankroll smiles in reply and says, "Vincenzo Magdalino, Jr."
Back to top Go down
STBen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Alleyway Theatre   A Night at the Alleyway Theatre EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 12:07 pm

"A pleasure, Mr. Magdalino. Now, to business." He glances around, closes his eyes briefly, and says, "We will not be disturbed."

Ongola steeples his fingers. "You represent a group which has recently achieved great things. Impressive things. You are to be lauded for your accomplishments. However, you also sacrificed a very great deal to accomplish these things. Others have noticed your sacrifice, and they do not see it as a cause for honor. They see it as an opportunity to solidify their control of the Niagara Falls region. This is true, is it not?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Alleyway Theatre   A Night at the Alleyway Theatre EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 10:49 pm

Vinny shrugs and replies, "You have to spend money to make money, as they say, and yes, I don't doubt for a moment that there are those who see this as the perfect time to make their own fortunes. However, I think any who try will swiftly discover that we're not about to give up the field just yet.

"I take it you're familiar with those who who think they've found such an opportunity?"
Back to top Go down
STBen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Alleyway Theatre   A Night at the Alleyway Theatre EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 1:04 pm

"Some of them, yes, just as you are. When the winds of change blow, who can truly know everything that will blow in with them? The individual actors are merely facets of the whole. The consequences, though..." Languid fingers trace a pattern through the air. "On the one hand, decay and dissolution. On the other, stagnation and stasis. Neither is acceptable. As such, we share a common interest, in ensuring that your organization remains a strong presence in the area."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Alleyway Theatre   A Night at the Alleyway Theatre EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 4:50 pm

"I think I can agree that we also don't want to see either of those outcomes occur. How much that brings us into common interest and a shared bond is yet to be determined. The line about 'enemy of my enemy' only goes so far, after all, and getting into bed with the wrong people right now has a lot worse consequences than the walk of shame after a night out."

He leans forward, his head tilted slightly to one side in an almost lupine posture of curiosity and examination.

"So, Mr. Ongola, what can you tell me of your organization's interests in the area, and how you believe you can assist us in ensuring our continued strength here?"
Back to top Go down
STBen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Alleyway Theatre   A Night at the Alleyway Theatre EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 7:37 pm

"Very true.  The enemy of your enemy is not necessarily your friend.  However, I think I can state with equanimity that I am, if not your friend, still not your enemy.  Your people have the means to verify the truth of statements; if you have not already done so with respect to my claims, I have no doubt that you will.  Please, feel free to do so."

He contemplates you, his expression unreadable.  "What I can tell you of my interests at this time...and allow me to correct you, please, sir, for at no time did I claim to represent an organization...is what I have already told you.  The loss of your power base in this area opens opportunities for your competitors to consolidate control.  I would find such an outcome completely unacceptable.  As you know, there is a proper balance to things, and the loss of that balance has led to many of the evils which beset this world.  I work to maintain that balance, to restore it where possible.  It is another area where we share a common interest, unless I am much mistaken."

"So: the primary question, of course, is how I can assist you.  The first answer to that question is information.  Information comes into my hands from many sources; I collect it, you might say.  To re-establish your power base is not a task to be undertaken lightly.  You will need a great deal of information in order to choose the most auspicious course of action.  I can assist."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Alleyway Theatre   A Night at the Alleyway Theatre EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 4:39 pm

Vinny watches the man carefully, and then responds, "Information certainly can be quite valuable. What do you know that you believe we haven't already learned"

OOC:
And for fun, Vinny will throw Images of the Saints at this guy. RPS incoming. Spending one Gnosis and bidding 14 mental to get his creature type if supernatural but not Garou, pack totem if Garou, or Nature if human.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Alleyway Theatre   A Night at the Alleyway Theatre EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 4:40 pm

Throw for Image of the Saints:
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Breed: Lupus
Auspice: Galliard

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Alleyway Theatre   A Night at the Alleyway Theatre EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 4:40 pm

The member 'Bankroll' has done the following action : RPS

'RPS' :
A Night at the Alleyway Theatre Scissors_small
Back to top Go down
https://fwlarp.rpg-board.net
STBen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Alleyway Theatre   A Night at the Alleyway Theatre EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 11:43 am

You're fairly sure your gift should have worked, but...it didn't.  It felt right, like a throw you know is going to find the target, but some sort of barrier seems to be imposing itself.  You know the barrier is there, but you can't see past it; it's a little bit like someone hanging a piece of cardboard over the lens of a surveillance camera.  It's not a subtle barrier, or a refined one...if this were a matter of sound, it would be like masking a whisper by blowing an air horn. Nor is it perfectly effective; you get a distinct sense of Wyld energy.  Either the barrier itself is of the Wyld, or the one hiding behind it is of the Wyld, or both.

Ongola, unperturbed, responds.  "That, I do not know yet--for I do not know what you know.  It may be that I know more than you; it may be that at the moment, I know no more than you do--but perhaps I can find things out.  At the least, I can give you information on certain...areas...which may be of interest to you."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Alleyway Theatre   A Night at the Alleyway Theatre EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 5:39 pm

Vinny's raised eyebrow is the only outward potential sign of his confusion, but it could well be his reaction to Ongola's vague response.

"Well, then for the moment, let's leave this at that. That you may have information on areas that may be of interest, depending on what we need or know already.

"We'll exchange contact information, and keep in touch should anything interesting come up. How's that sound?"
Back to top Go down
STBen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Alleyway Theatre   A Night at the Alleyway Theatre EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 12:58 pm

"Actually, I mean to do a bit more than that today."

Slender fingers push a folder across the table.

"This contains the information I mentioned.  It is the only copy; for obvious reasons, I prefer not to store such data electronically.  There are too many who are better at prying out electronic secrets than I am at concealing them."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Alleyway Theatre   A Night at the Alleyway Theatre Empty

Back to top Go down

A Night at the Alleyway Theatre
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next